The mission of the Office of Foundation Relations (OFR) is to engage private foundations in the work of MIT in order to maximize foundation support to the Institute.
To this end, we stay abreast of ongoing trends in the field, as well as the full range of activities within all five of MIT’s schools.
- proactively identify faculty projects and institutional initiatives that might align well with foundation interests;
- work with senior leadership, faculty, and administrators to develop and implement strategies for securing foundation support;
- facilitate interactions with and develop top quality proposals to foundations;
- develop and manage relationships with a broad range of foundations; and
- reach out to foundation officials on a regular basis to proactively explore possible areas of synergy.
Subscribe here to receive monthly emails with our newsletter, OFR in the know.
Or, click on the links below to view current and archived issues.